The Gaze from a Software Entrepreneur

Sep 28 • Articles, The Gaze • 1953 Views • No Comments on The Gaze from a Software Entrepreneur

Software entrepreneur and CEO of NEX Enterprise Driver Inc.  Ned Atalla briefly shares his love for architecture, landscaping and design.

 

This home located north of Montreal, owned by Ned Atalla, was originally built by famous Canadian Architect Roger d’Astous who worked and learned with Frank Lloyd Wright. 25% of the house is the original construction and the remaining 75% was built by Atalla.

This home located north of Montreal, owned by Ned Atalla, was originally built in 1961 by Canadian Architect Roger d’Astous who for a time worked alongside Frank Lloyd Wright. 25% of the house is the original construction and the remaining 75% was built by Atalla.

 

What is your favorite style of architecture? 

Bold modern flowing architecture but practical not eccentric using interesting materials.

 

Which building in Canada do you love? 

Habitat always was my favorite.

 

What was the first building in your life that caught your attention? 

Can’t remember.

 

What would you look for when hiring an architect? 

Non-conventional creations. Good understanding of functional interior design, energy efficiency and technology. I usually start with my Landscape architect before the structure so the 2 mesh perfectly.

 

What’s the most important aspect of a building for you personally?  

Bold, unique design, Net-Zero Energy, great views from every angle (this is where landscaping and the exposure comes in).

 

2000-01-01 00.31.00

 

Ned Atalla

Ned Atalla, a Montreal software entrepreneur who loves Architecture, landscaping and design. He’s the CEO of NEX Enterprise Driver Inc. (www.nexdriver.com/)

 

 

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

« »